Susana Lee is an International Trade Counsel and a Certified Customs Specialist in the Ottawa Office of Cassidy Levy Kent. Ms. Lee assists clients with trade remedies, customs, and government procurement matters before the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, and the Canada Border Services Agency. In addition, Ms. Lee helps clients to navigate Canada’s trade controls, including export and import controls, economic sanctions, and defense-related controlled goods. She also works on judicial review proceedings before the Federal Courts of Canada.
Ms. Lee holds joint Juris Doctor (magna cum laude) and Master of Business Administration degrees from the University of Ottawa. She previously interned with the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, assisting legal counsel with various customs issues, such as analyzing tariff classifications and value for duty of imported goods. During her studies, Ms. Lee also spent a summer in Paris, France completing international law courses (honours) jointly offered through Cornell Law School and the Sorbonne Law School at the Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne.
Ms. Lee is a proud wife, daughter, and mother to her two sons.
• Vice-Chair , Ontario Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division (East)
• Continuing Professional Development Liaison, Ontario Bar Association, International Law Section
• Board Member-at-large, Canadian Bar Association, International Law Section
• Member, American Bar Association, International Law Section
• Member, County of Carleton Law Association
• Member, Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
• Board Member-at-large, National Association of Women and the Law
• Certified Customs Specialist Designate, Canadian Society of Customs Brokers
(2017-2018 highest mark in Ontario)
• J.D., magna cum laude, University of Ottawa (Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP prize for the highest standing in “International Trade Regulation”).
• M.B.A., University of Ottawa (Beta Gamma Sigma, international business honour society membership; Case competition, business strategy team).
• B.A. & Sc., with First Class Honours, McGill University (Cognitive Science; Cell and Molecular Biology).
- Mandarin (conversational)
- French (conversational)
- New York